Inspiration: Your life is a bird with two wings
Some inspiration I saw on the Facebook page of Joe McVeen (https://www.facebook.com/joe.d.mcveen):
“Your life is a bird with two wings.
The first wing is personal effort.
To keep this first wing strong requires Discipline.
– Move your body every day
– Think positive thoughts
– Plan your work and work your plan
– Do what you say you’re going to do
– Build your skills
– Do the right things even when they’re scary or painful
– Show up on time
The second wing is Grace.
To keep this second wing strong requires different kind of discipline.
– Spend time in nature
– Remember to breathe
– Spend time in silence
– Let go of the outcome
– Trust that you’re being guided
– Accept yourself
– Be present with those you love
– Be present with your emotions
– Let yourself cry
– Let yourself relax
When both wings are strong, the only thing left to do is decide where you would like to fly.
To decide where you’d like to fly, simply ask yourself some simple questions…
– What’s your dream?
– How do you most enjoy positively impacting the lives of others?
– What fascinates you?
You already know the way.
Be kind to yourself.
And may you always choose the pain of Discipline over the pain of Regret.”
How does this resonate with you?